Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Summer 2018 Season?
- Practices start the week of May 14th (weather permitting)
- Opening Games will be at the Dam Fields on Saturday, June 2nd (This is also Picture Day)
- Games/Practices will be played on your divisions designated nights at various fields. (Practices will be at your "home" field)
- Closing Games will be on Saturday, July 14th, fields TBD.
How do I know what age group to register for?
- Baseball age groups are determined by the player’s age on April 30, 2018.
- Tee Ball – Ages 4-6
- Machine Pitch – Ages 7-8
- Minors – Ages 9-10
- Majors – Ages 11-12
- Mountain 16U – Ages 13-16
What is the difference at each age group?
- Tee Ball is the introduction to baseball for our youngest players. Emphasis is on learning the basics of the game and having FUN! Thanks to a generous donation from the Summit Foundation and Breckenridge Grand Vacations, we are now able to offer Tee ball at a significant price reduction. Games last for 60 minutes. Games and practices will be Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Machine Pitch is the second step in baseball evolution. Players will have the opportunity to try pitching to a batter, and new to this year, an umpire will be available to help keep the games moving and provide consistency between games. The emphasis for this age group is expanding the baseball knowledge and having FUN! Games last for 90 minutes. Games and practices will be Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Minors is the beginning of a true baseball game. Players field all positions on the diamond, and have umpires calling balls and strikes. Base paths and pitching distances are age appropriate. Did we mention fun? Yes, this is FUN! Games are up to 6 innings, or until the 2 hour 15 minutes time limit is reached. Games and practices will be Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Majors is the next step for the baseball players. The field dimensions are larger and a real game of baseball begins to appear. Games last 6 innings or until the 2 hour 15 minutes time limit is reached. Games and practices will be Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Mountain 16U–This summer season, players ages 13-16 will be in a local league where they will play against each other 7-9 times. This age group plays in Breckenridge at Kingdom Park, under the lights. Games are typically 8 - 10 p.m.
What are the costs for each age group?
- Tee Ball – Ages 4-6 - FREE (Yes, this is correct. Thanks to an anonymous donor and grants from The Summit Foundation and Breckenridge Grand Vacations, we are now able to offer Tee ball for FREE!)
- Machine Pitch – Ages 7-8 - $125.00
- Minors – Ages 9-10 - $175.00
- Majors – Ages 11-12 - $175.00
- Mountain 16U – Ages 13-16 - $120.00
What equipment does my participant need to provide?
- Participants need proper shoes for running on grass and/or dirt infields. Molded Baseball cleats are suggested but not required. Metal spikes are allowed for Mountain 16U.
- Baseball glove
- Baseball pants (not required for MP or TB)
Are Scholarships available?
- Yes they are!
- We are offering many opportunities throughout the season to help our program by participating in fundraising efforts, a certain number of which will be expected from each family utilizing the scholarship program.
- Maximum scholarship amount is 50% of the registration fee.
- In return for scholarship awards SYBS is asking scholarship beneficiaries to provide dedicated volunteer hours assisting with fundraising efforts such as concession stand operations, coupon book sales as well as assisting SYBS operations with field maintenance and preparation.
- Please fill out the application form during the registration process in order to be considered for this program.
When does registration close?
- Registration will close on Sunday - April 15, 2018 at midnight.
- Teams will form on April 30, 2018.
- Take advantage of Early Bird registration, fees will go up $50 on April 9, 2018.
What time commitment should we expect?
- While the exact dates and times haven’t been finalized yet, this year we are hoping to have 10 games and 10 practices for T-Ball and Machine Pitch, and 10-12 games and 11 practices for Minors and Majors. This will include Opening Day and the End of Year Tournament at the Dam Fields in Silverthorne.
- Opening and closing day (only 2 Saturdays) at the Dam Fields will allow the baseball community to come together in one common area. We are looking forward to having a few opportunities to visit with all the parents and players at these events.
This sounds great, how can I help?
- Volunteers are always welcome and needed! We are seeking volunteer coaches, team administrators, score keepers, and fundraising volunteers. Please sign up at registration and we will contact you to get involved.
I still have a couple questions, who should I contact?
- Please contact Joy Lukasiewicz – SYBS Administrator
- (970) 262-5778