Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know what age group to register for?
- Baseball age groups are determined by the player’s age on April 30, 2017.
- Tee Ball – Ages 4-6
- Machine Pitch – Ages 7-8
- Minors – Ages 9-10
- Majors – Ages 11-12
- Mountain 14U – Ages 13-14
What is the difference at each age group?
- Tee Ball is the introduction to baseball for our youngest players. Emphasis is on learning the basics of the game and having FUN! Thanks to a generous donation from the Summit Foundation and Breckenridge Grand Vacations, we are now able to offer Tee ball at a significant price reduction. Games last for 60 minutes. Games and practices will be Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Machine Pitch is the second step in baseball evolution. Players will have the opportunity to try pitching to a batter, and new to this year, an umpire will be available to help keep the games moving and provide consistency between games. The emphasis for this age group is expanding the baseball knowledge and having FUN! Games last for 90 minutes. Games and practices will be Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Minors is the beginning of a true baseball game. Players field all positions on the diamond, and have umpires calling balls and strikes. Base paths and pitching distances are age appropriate. Did we mention fun? Yes, this is FUN! Games are up to 6 innings, or until the 2 hour 15 minutes time limit is reached. Games and practices will be Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Majors is the next step for the baseball players. The field dimensions are larger and these participants have a lot of FUN. Games last 6 innings or until the 2 hour, 15 minutes time limit is reached. Games and practices will be Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Mountain 14U– players ages 13-14 will be participating in intra-league play. Details of the schedule will be forth-coming.
What are the costs for each age group?
- Tee Ball – Ages 4-6 - $55.00 (Yes, this is correct. Thanks to the Summit Foundation and Breckenridge Grand Vacations, we are able to offer this age group a substantial price reduction!)
- Machine Pitch – Ages 7-8 - $115.00
- Minors – Ages 9-10 - $165.00
- Majors – Ages 11-12 - $165.00
- Mountain 14U – Ages 13-14 - $150.00
What equipment does my participant need to provide?
- Participants need proper shoes for running on grass and/or dirt infields. Molded Baseball cleats are suggested but not required.
- Baseball glove
- Baseball pants (not required for MP or TB)
Are Scholarships available?
- Yes they are!
- This year the scholarship program is changing slightly. We are offering many opportunities throughout the season to help our program by participating in fundraising efforts, a certain number of which will be expected from each family utilizing the scholarship program.
- Maximum scholarship amount is 50% of the registration fee.
- In return for scholarship awards SYBS is asking scholarship beneficiaries to provide dedicated volunteer hours assisting with fundraising efforts such as concession stand operations, coupon book sales as well as assisting SYBS operations with field maintenance and preparation.
- Please fill out the application form during the registration process in order to be considered for this program.
When does registration close?
- Registration will close on Monday - May 1, 2017.
- Take advantage of Early Bird registration, prices will go up $20 on April 17, 2017.
What time commitment should we expect?
- While the exact dates and times haven’t been finalized yet, this year we are hoping to have 10 games and 10 practices for T-Ball and Machine Pitch, and 10-12 games and 11 practices for Minors and Majors. This will include Opening Day and the End of Year Tournament at the Dam Fields in Silverthorne.
- Saturday games at the Dam Fields will allow the baseball community to come together in one common area. We are looking forward to having a few opportunities to visit with all the parents and players at these events.
This sounds great, how can I help?
- Volunteers are always welcome and needed! We are seeking volunteer coaches, team administrators, score keepers, and fundraising volunteers. Please sign up at registration and we will contact you to get involved.
I still have a couple questions, who should I contact?
- Please contact Heather Gard – SYBS Administrator
- (970) 262-5778